Apply for a S.E.A. Grant
Stewardship Education Alliance
Purpose of Grant:
1. To support projects, courses, or programs including equipment proposed by teachers that help advance the mission and vision of the Stewardship Education Alliance.
MISSION: To increase community awareness of ways to be better stewards of our local watersheds.
VISION: An educated and engaged community preserving and improving the local watershed.
Teachers in public and independent schools in the five towns that serve Camden Hills High School are eligible to apply for a grant. These towns include: Appleton, Camden, Hope, Lincolnville, and Rockport, Maine.
Terms of the Grant:
1. Grants must not be for expenses covered by taxes.
2. Grant applications will be reviewed by a committee.
3. A second committee will review implementation upon completion.
4. Teachers will be asked to submit a review of what they learned and how they will use it, and to share that information with other teachers.
5. Teachers and their students will have the opportunity to present work supported by a grant from S.E.A. at S.E.A. FAIR to be held at the Camden Public Library Amphitheater on June 4, 2021.
6. Teachers must submit the attached application form by February 22, 2021 to Board member and Teacher Liaison Elphie Owen at .
7. Grants will be awarded by March 15th, 2021.
Amount of the Grant:
Most grants will between $250.00 and $500.00.
Please send your completed application to: info@StewardshipEducationAlliance.org, or mail to Stewardship Education Alliance, PO Box 446, Camden, ME, 04843. For further information call: 207-992-3039
APPLICATION FOR STEWARDSHIP EDUCATION ALLIANCE GRANT
The Stewardship Education Alliance (S.E.A.) invites educators teaching in Appleton, Camden, Hope, Lincolnville, and Rockport schools to apply for grants that further the mission of S.E.A.: to increase community awareness of ways to be better stewards of our local watersheds. Please visit www.StewardshipEducationAlliance.org to learn about past grants. To apply, please complete this form on or before February 22, 2021 and email it to .
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am a teacher or administrator (circle one) at:_________________________________.
If you are a teacher, how many students do you teach and in which class or classes?__________________________________________________________________________.
If you are an administrator: how many teachers and students do you work with, and in what ways?_______________________________________________________________.
Phone number:______________________ Email:________________________________.
I am applying for: $_________ which will be used as follows. (Please attach a budget).
To respond to the following questions, please attach a statement of no more than 300 words.
Why does the opportunity for which you seek the grant matter to you, and why it is important to your development as a teacher or administrator? (40 points)
How you will use what you learn from this opportunity to further the S.E.A. mission. (40 points)
How will you share what you learn with other teachers in your school? (20 points
Expected completion date: ___________________________.
Thank you very much!
Liaisons in the schools:
Camden Hills Regional High School
Margo Murphy, Ken Vencile
Camden-Rockport Elementary School
Susan Conover, Jennifer Gold
Camden-Rockport Middle School
Camden Public Library
Amy Hand - Youth Services Director
Children’s House Montessori School
Zoe Foster, Ethan Yankura - Director
Pen Bay YMCA
People Place, a cooperative pre-school
Sessa Salas - Director
Rebecca Clapp, Director
Janet McMahon, Sophie Davis